Monday, July 13, 2009

June 2009

La Belle South, a trip through 7 states.......


I don't know where to start with telling you about our wonderful 2964 mil
es long trip through the USA in June.
We started in Atlanta, here you see a
view from our hotelroom. In Atlanta we visited the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site, where we saw his church, house of birth and grave, which was very impressive. From there we travelled to Cherokee, where we visited the Museum of the Cherokee Indian (interesting). The town itself we found a bit to touristic, because of that we joined the seafood buffet in our hotel where I ate my first lobster thanks to the cook who explained me how to eat it....
The next day we travelled
through the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains on our way to Charleston, I have never seen mountains with such colorful vegetation and the most beautiful big butterflies! Also we met and talked with several motorcyclists,it must be so great to make this trip by motorbike with these temperatures!
I forget to tell that all the time we were in "La Belle South" there was a heatwave with temperatures around 95-100 degrees!!

To be continued......

No comments: