Thursday, November 24, 2011

HONKING ORANGE!!! I already told you that I joined the Orange Color Study on CQ For Newbies, this is the first block I received from Angie to embellish. I have to embellish a quarter of the block and this is what I did. I found a piece of tatted lace in orange and it was perfect to make the striped piece a bit more quiet. Then I added a herringbone stitch with Edmar yarn above it and extended the seam with lazy daisies. Then added an orange trim to the top seam. I painted the lace rose and sewed that to the right part and added the feather stitch next to it and some sequins to the butterfly in the middle. The orange color is difficult to make a good picture.......

3 comments:

VivJM said...

Wow! Love that orange!

Cobi said...

goed gedaan zeg. ik zou willen dat ik die foto in 't groot kan zien. ik houd erg van oranje en heb al eens een oranje blok met glitter gemaakt voor mijn India thema.

Tina said...

It looks good from what I can see. Just love that orange.