Sunday, November 04, 2012

Je t'aime Paris
This month I started in a new Round Robin from the CrazyQuiltingInternational Yahoogroup.

The first block to work on I received from Kathy Shaw. It is a beautiful feminin block in the colors grey, salmon pink and rose. I started embroidering the word "Paris" in stem stitch.I used Press&Seal (like in my article in Crazy Quilt Gathering).
In the same way I  embroidered the Eifel Tower on the middle part of the block in a dark grey. Than I added some vintage lace in the under left corner to soften the strong fabric. Also I added salmon lace in the upper right corner and after that I embroidered some seams. This is how the block looks now, I hope Kathy likes it!

5 comments:

NickiLee said...

Hi Wilma,

Love your beautiful stitching and I know Kathy will too - very pretty!

Connie said...

Lovely Wilma - lucky Kathy!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful block she gave you to work on. The Eiffel Tower is so perfect in that spot. Carol in Clermont

Debbie S. said...

I think you additions are great and so perfect to set the the
theme of the block.

Bonnie Allen said...

Hi Wilma
Just spent some time looking at your crazy blog. Wow it's so beautiful! Love your paintings too. I had a big smile when looking at your first memory block... Memories of Scotland. What fun we had! Love Bonnie in Canada