Thursday, November 08, 2012

                               
October CQJP finishedThis is my octoberpage for the CQJP 2012. It is a memory of our visit to Monument Valley in 2008. I tried to use the warm red colors of the rocks and added turquoise to give it an Indian feeling. I embroidered Kokopelli. Think he embodies the true South West. He dates back over 3000 years ago when the first petroglyphs were carved. Also I added a turtle, I have talked over there to Navajo people who told me a turtle stood for a long and rich life. I was deeply impressed by Monument Valley and the Valley of the Gods and still are. Here some pictures we made:





7 comments:

NickiLee said...

Hi Wilma!

You block is so rich and vibrant and full of life - I love it! Thank you for sharing some beautiful pictures of a place that I have always dreamed of visiting -sure hope to get to visit one of these days.

gocrazywithme said...

Love your southwest block, Wilma. Looks like home to me.

Tina said...

I love your block Wilma, it looks wonderful. Thanks for posting the pictures, brings back memories of living in the dessert.

Gerry Krueger said...

I love this block also... Your choice of seams treatment almost seem like cave etchings also... Gerry K.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment about my Flower Fairies blocks. It's been an enjoyable journey! This October block makes me homesick! I spent most of my life in Arizona and the first three years I taught was on the Navajo reservation in Ganado, Arizona. The block is a wonderful representation, in colors and in stitching!

Laurence Martin said...

Gorgeous block and gorgeous landscapes! I love the colors. Love the name of your blog too!

Quayceetatter said...

Nice job on the Kokopelli and all the stitching!! Linda in New Mexico