Saturday, February 02, 2013

It's a Saturday Sharing Day

I decided to join another round of the CQJP this year. CQJP stands for the Crazy Quilt Journal Project and is an initiative to promote the art of Crazy Quilting all over the world and to expand the individual artistic creativity of the participants. Last year I challenged myself to work with novelty fabrics who are seldom used in Crazy Quilting. All blocks had the theme "Memories". When you scroll back to my blogpost of January 1th, you can see all the pages I made in 2012. I am now busy with making a fabric book of them. This will take some time because I want to make a back for each page with a little story about the trip or person the block is a memory of.
This year I am planning to make a Crazy Quilt about Arnhem, the town I was born and lived in for 52 years. The middle part of the block will have a picture of an old postcard or a poëm of Arnhem. This is the block I made for
January:


The text on the postcard says "Arnhem, Stadhuis" and is a picture of the old townhall build in the 16th Century, called the "Duivelshuis" (House of the Devil). It is called like that because of the satyrs above the entrance. 
In 1980 DH and I got married in this townhall.

Have a look at pigtaleandquilts, to see what other people are sharing on this It's a Saturday Sharing Day, or share your own work over there!

7 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

your crazy quilt block is so lovely. I never thought of making a theme for a crazy quilt-I love that idea-thanks

Lynette said...

This is so pretty, and what a very fun journaling project!

Thearica said...

Love your crazy quilting! I am working on several things at once and hope to have them finished soon so I can share photos. I am doing the CQJP this year but do not have my january block finished.

Thank you for joining the It's A Saturday Sharing Day on my blog!

But you did not put anything in your post about the linky party. please update your post and link to the linky party as you did the Crazy Quilting Journal project.

Then your readers will be able to come over and take part. Thanks so much.

DeAnna said...

Your block is beautiful. I think the artistry of your blocks brings the crazy quilt block up to a new level. What a wonderful keepsake you will have that can be passed on and treasured. Thanks for sharing.

Suztats said...

It's beautiful, Wilma!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Your CQ is gorgeous! I hope to get back to CQ in 2014...

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Wonderful crazy quilt block. Love the idea and how very special.