Saturday, January 27, 2007
The challenge this week is the Cretan Stitch, Kretasteek in Dutch. I did some combinations of stitches and threads this time. On the first one I did use normal hot pink DMC for the Cretan stitch, then added the green stitches in rayon DMC and at last the light pink in Edmar Iris thread. On the second picture I did a double row of Cretan stitches, green in normal DMC and blue in metallic DMC, then added the purple cross-stitches in lilac rayon DMC. The third picture shows a Cretan stitch in normal DMC, worked through with a Heringbone stitch in variegated WeekDye thread, it goes from purple to yellow but it doesn't show on the picture. I still don't know what to think of this combination....