Thursday, January 23, 2014

CQJP2014

Last year I joined the Crazy Quilt Journal Project but didn't manage to finish much.This year I want to give it a new try!

I so much loved my friend Lorraine's dark Crazy Quilt blocks, that I also decided to work with dark "jewel" colors for this project. 
Through the years I have collected several peacock silkies that I want to use in this CQ.
The silkies are cigarette silks made in the Thirties by Turmac, a cigarette company here in Holland.

This is one of the blocks I started working on!

And this is the ATC I made for this months Fiber Fever swap. It is for Margreet here in Holland. She loves to make papercuts so I decided to make her a silhouette of our new king Willem Alexander. Of course it had to have an orange background! You can find Margreets beautiful papercutting on her Flickr page.

No comments: