Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Work In Progress Wednesday

Today I want to show you what I am making for this years Crazy Quilt Journal Project.
These are some blocks and fans I stitched for this CQ to give you an idea of the colorscheme.
 As I already told before, I  decided to work with dark "jewel" colors this time and put some peacock silkies from the 30's on my blocks. 

As you see I couldn't help it to put some polka dots in also, I just like them so much.......
Also I took the decision to embellish the seams in one color. I only don't know if this was wise. I am now very limited in my choices as I will only use the colors that are in my blocks!

That is why I also decided to bead some seams and also use sequins, which is a challenge for me as I absolutely do not like them! 
Others Works in Progress you can find on Sharon Boggons pintangle blog.
More next week.........

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Love the colours and the fans Wilma!

Queeniepatch said...

You might not like the sequins, but they like you! The one colour seams with beads and sequins will add a lot of variation. I think your block has all the potential to become a stunning one. Your stitches are so neat!

Pamela said...

Very pretty. I like the single color seams

Anonymous said...

Wilma, I love the way these seams look in one color. Your stitching always inspires me.

Unknown said...

Hi Wilma, You are doing a fantastic job of keeping to just the colours in the fans for the embroidery. Love your work.