Sunday, February 25, 2007


ENCRUSTED CRAZY QUILTING
Lesson 2
Here you can see what I have done until now.
I like the seam treatment in the upper right corner and the purple/green one next to the creme silk with flowers. The seam on the right side looked nice by evening but in daylight I think it is not strong enough, but I don't know what to do to improve it. The seam with the wagonwheels I don't especially like, think they look a bit like jellyfish.......LOL
Now I am wondering what to do with the short seams on the outside of the block, especially the purple/cream and creme/green seam on the right side of the block, I have to avoid that the eye leads to the outside of the block.
I would love to hear your comments.
I have just printed out lesson 3 and looking forward to
start with doing some SRE.

7 comments:

Ati said...

Your seams looks super to me! also the jellyfish wheels!!
The blocks gets more movement trough the stitching, very good.

Candi said...

Oh Wilma, it's lovely! You're doing beautiful work on your block.
Lots of HUGZ:)
Candi

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Beautiful work!

Jo in NZ said...

Wilma, I think it may to early for you to worry about the eye sliding off the block. I haven't done this class of Sharons, but when you get to bead and button trails, I think that will solve your problems!
For the seam on the right side, some small, flat round buttons would add weight to the seam.
Having said that, I think you should let the block evolve a little more.

Susan said...

It's coming along beautifully, and I like all the seams. If you really believe that the seam on the right is too light, what about taking a darker color - maybe a rose or mauve or green - and doing a second feather, slightly off the first one? I agree with Jo that lots of things will resolve themselves as you finish the beading and embellishing.

crazyQstitcher said...

I can see only beauty Wilma. You are going very well with the block. I only thought 'jellyfish' because you said it. They didn't look like them to me. Just a pretty seam.

Beads will lift the work if you think it needs something.
You could put the block aside for a day or two, then come back to it with fresh ideas. Maureen

Hideko Ishida said...

I love your beautiful block. Your victorian colours are very gorgeous. I am looking foward to the progress.