Sunday, September 09, 2007


"AUSTRIAN" CRAZY QUILT

In april I showed you a picture of the wonderful fabrics I got from my birthday buddy Helen from Austria (see message 23-4).
During my vacation in France I have started sewing 6" crazy blocks from these fabrics and have made 9 until now. I have added some more fabrics in the same colors to get more variation. I even found in my cupboard a bag with pieces of Austrian fabric and t
rims that I bought during the Quiltexpo in Innsbruck, Austria in 1998, can you imagine that?
I don't especialy like the first block on the first row, so I think I will make a new one for that.
At one of the brocante markets I visited I found a lovely mother of pearl broche that looks great on this quilt, here you can see a close up from the block in the 3th row on the right, it is not finished yet, still have to make some little holes in the broche to sew it to the background.


4 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What a lovely quilt your fabrics turned out. Love the roses and doves!

katrien said...

wat een mooie blokken.

Gerry said...

Wilma, this is just stunning. I personally love red and black combo's. I think your 'first' block is fine. You just need to find a special something to add to it.

NormaH said...

Gorgeous, Wilma! Absolutely gorgeous.