Saturday, September 08, 2007



BACK AGAIN.........

from a nice vacation in France, although the weather wasn't as good as always, only 6 days of sun out of 17!! We have been driving around a lot and visited several castles, nice little towns and of course antique/brocante markets. We arrived home on wednesday and went back to France on Saturday for the biggest antiquemarket from Europe in Lille last Saturday, where I found 2 statues from Joan of Arc
for my collection, I am especially happy with this one!

The first Sunday of our vacation we went to the Marché aux Puces in St. Christophe-du-Ligneron, this market is twice a year in July and August, we try every year to go to one of them. You can read more on: www.lespuces85.com
Here I found some turquoise depression glass (1920-1930) and some lace and glass buttons and fabric, which I can use in my "Austrian" Crazy Quilt. Oh, I forgot to
tell,
I also found 2 Joan of Arc broches, which I can pin to my DYB Crazy Quiltblocks!

Will show you a picture of them later this week.
This week we also visited 2 castles, the ruïnes of an 11th Century castle in Commesquiers and the ca
stle and parc de la Guignardière at Avrillé, you can read more of this castle on: www.guignardiere.com, it has a lovely parc also where we walked around about an hour.
We also visited l'Île de Noirmoutier, this island is famous for it's high bridge and for the natural salt you can buy here. It also has a nice embroideryshop, where I found 2 books with alphab
eths to embroider. Also on the island is l'Île aux papillons, here you can walk between beautiful tropical plants and butterflies, here you see some pictures we made, to be continued.......
















3 comments:

Lorenza said...

Thank you for sharing the photos, you visited beautiful places, the flea markets sound so interesting!

Ati said...

It seems to me that you have had a very nice holiday, in spite of the weather ;)

Susan said...

Those butterflies are just fabulous - like something you would see in a book. Ruins of castles seem much more interesting that ones that are still standing. I like the style of the ruins, and would have loved wandering there!

You collect Joan d' Arc statues? Interesting hobby! Too bad you didn't have more sunny days, but it doesn't seem to have stopped you from having a wonderful time! Thank you for the beautiful photographs.