Sunday, September 30, 2007

LAST DYB BLOCK FINISHED.....


Here you see a picture of the DYB block I just finished for Susie in England. The colors on the picture don't show very well. It has a nice shiny yellow/gold look. I first added the French lace,
this one I bought last week at the dollshouse fair. Then I outlined the flower with a buttonholestitch and made the swirl around the angel. Then I added the golden beads to give it the look Susie asked for. Susie have fun stitching all your blocks together!

This week was very busy with work and househunting, I think we finally found a new home, we are thinking about doing a bid on the one we have seen yesterday........ It was the home of an elderly couple that moved to an appartment. Everything is in the style and colors of around 1970, so a lot of work to do. New kitchen, new bathroom, all the painting has to be done...so we have to do a lot of searching on the internet today for prizes etc.!

5 comments:

katrien said...

Wat een mooi blok.

Susan said...

Oh, I hope the house worked out, since you liked it.

The block is beautiful. I love the muted things like this. I'm sure Susie will love it, too.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

This is a lovely block! Those goldtones are so pretty - remind me of moonlight, somehow.

Ati said...

Beautiful done Wilma!
I am happy that your own blocks are safe home.

Nina In Norway said...

I am so happy the arrived safely back home. They are all very beautiful. Looking forward (hoping) to se them assembled to a gorgeous quilt.