Wednesday, September 12, 2007


Broches....

Here a picture I promised you of the broches of Joan of Arc I found in France. I am looking forward to see if they fit the last DYB block I have to embellish, I hope to get the blocks back soon!
Susan, I am collecting not only statues, but also plates, old postcards, books etc. of Joan of Arc. The castle in Commesquiers was first build in the 11th Century and destroid
in the 17th Century, can you imagine that this castle is a ruine like this already for hundreds of years! I also like to walk around and have a look inside these castles and imagine how people lived there so long ago!
Gerry, I also like the combination of the red,black and creme but think I would have never picked them by myself!

3 comments:

gocrazywithme said...

These are beautiful. Joan of Arc would be an interesting collection. I don't think I've ever seen any thing except (new)religious medals for St. Joan. But then France would be the place to find things! I also love the two doves in the previous post. I'm glad you are still traveling after your "adventure" in Scotland.
Janet in Colorado

crazyQstitcher said...

What a lovely passion you have to collect the Joan of Arc pieces. These brooches are lovely. I like the top one best.

Thelma said...

Beautiful blocks Wilma,,I know you cherish those tremendously. So good to see you back online...